The Rodgers Library is currently hiring! Please see below for all job positions and requirements.
George H. and Ella M. Rodgers Memorial Library is seeking a part-time Circulation Library Assistant. Our ideal candidate has customer service experience and enjoys working with the public. The Circulation Library Assistant is often the first person to engage patrons making this role one of the most important jobs in the library. This is a regular part-time job, 8 -16 hours per week that can be a great first step towards a career in libraries.
In This Role You Will
- Ensure everyone feels welcome at the library
- Build rapport with patrons to enrich their library experience
- Provide assistance to patrons including making recommendations of materials
- Perform daily circulation tasks
- Perform other duties as assigned
You Will Need To Be
- Friendly, outgoing, and able to work with people
- Able to work with minimal direct supervision
- Able to push or pull carts, do a moderate amount of bending, squatting, lifting (up to 40 lbs.), stretching and standing for extended periods of time.
You Will Need To Have
- High School diploma/ GED required. College degree preferred
- Customer Service experience
- Strong communication, writing, and speaking skills
You Will Earn
- Salary range starts at $15.00/hour based on experience
Schedule: Must be able to work Tuesday and Wednesday evenings and two Saturdays (9-1) per month. If the decision is made to reopen on Sundays (1-5), you will be expected to work as part of the regular rotation.
Closing Date: November 10, 2023 or until position is filled
To Apply: Send resume with references and a letter of interest to
Linda Pilla, Library Director, email@example.com