The Friends of the Library (Hudson, NH) meet the third Tuesday of every other month, September through May, 7-9 PM. Meetings are held at the Rodgers Memorial Library. All are invited to attend.
WHO ARE THE FRIENDS OF THE LIBRARY?
The Friends of the Library is a non-profit charitable organization dedicated to providing enrichment, advocacy and support to the library community. Click here to read about the history of the Friends.
Follow us on Facebook and stay current on all Friends’ meetings, events and announcements!
2020-2021 Friends Officers
- President: Susan Gould
- Vice-President: Janice Walsh
- Treasurer: Currently vacant
- Recording Secretary: Margaret Femia
- Corresponding Secretary: Kathy Hesse
CAN I JOIN THE FRIENDS?
WHAT DO FRIENDS DO?
The Friends support and provide funding for a variety of Library programs, including:
- The Leonard A. Smith Memorial Scholarship, which has been awarded to graduating Hudson high school seniors since 2002 (see below for more information),
- The Buy a Brick program, where members of the community can purchase bricks for the library's commemorative walkway,
- The Annual Visit with Santa,
- Seasonal Library decorations,
- Summer Reading Program prizes for community children,
- Prizes for National Poetry Week, and
- Recognition for Library staff and volunteers during National Library Week each April.
In addition, the Friends supplement Library equipment, devices which include a 3-D Printer, a Telescope, and Early Literacy Learning Kits for the Children’s Room. Annual movie licenses and several museum passes which enhance learning activities for Hudson families are also provided by the Friends.
The Friends sponsor or co-sponsor enrichment activities including Author Forums and NH Humanities Council Speakers and Concerts.
The Friends hold monthly opportunities for community members to select gently pre-owned books and electronic media at Second Hand Prose (SHP) sessions on the lower level of the Hills Memorial Library. There is also a bookshelf display at the Rodgers Library where pre-owned books, CD’s and DVD’s can be purchased. Proceeds from these sales are dedicated to Library enrichment.
- 2019 Report (PDF)
- 2018 Report (PDF)
- 2017 Report (PDF)
- 2016 Report (PDF)
- 2015 Report (PDF)
- 2014 Report (PDF)
- 2013 Report (PDF)
- 2012 Report (PDF)
- 2011 Report (PDF)
- 2010 Report (PDF)
- 2009 Report (PDF)
- 2008 Report (PDF)
- 2007 Report (PDF)
- 2006 Report (PDF)
- 2005 Report (PDF)